Summer is almost here, and so is Summer Reading Club! Register now on Beanstack, and make plans to attend the second annual kickoff event, Live on the Lawn, from 11 a.m. to 3 p.m. on the library lawn. Bring a picnic blanket and a picnic and enjoy an afternoon of live music and community.
Once again, the first 200 readers registered for Summer Reading Club who check in at the event will get a free serving of Triple Scoop’d Ice Cream. Register now, or at the event. Ice cream will be served at 11 a.m. and will also be available for purchase.
Registration for Live on the Lawn is not required.
For younger families, a special children's performance by Nanny Nikki and the Dapper Dude will start the day at 10 a.m. Nanny Nikki's concert will be moved indoors in the event of inclement weather. Beginning May 27, you can get tickets at the Children's Services desk to guarantee your spot if the concert needs to move inside.
Registration for Summer Reading Club will be available starting at 10 a.m.
- The Hitmaker (think “Olivia Newton-John and Harry Styles hanging out in Van Morrison's camper van”) will kick things off at 11 a.m. Patti’s Preference will follow in the afternoon with their 90s alt-rock specialties from 12:30 to 1 p.m.; School of Rock's house band will wrap things up from 1:30 to 3 p.m.
- Anyone who registers for Summer Reading Club by June 9 will be eligible to win one of 10 Park Ridge Library flannel picnic blankets. Drawing will be held at the event and winners can pick up their prize at the event.
- Ice cream will also be available for purchase while supplies last.
“Summer is just around the corner, and we’re excited to kick off our Summer Reading Club again with this community event,” said Library Director Joanna Bertucci. “We invite everyone to come over, register for the club and enjoy an afternoon of live music and ice cream with friends and neighbors on the library lawn.”
There are reading challenges for all ages:
- Adults who read one book in each of four categories by Sunday, August 20, will earn tickets for our prize drawing to win a gift card to a local business.
- Participants from sixth grade through high school can earn a virtual ticket for every 10 days they read and get entered into a prize drawing to win a gift card to iFLY Indoor Skydiving, Broadway in Chicago, Starbucks gift cards, and more. Read at least 30 days to earn a prize book. Plus, any reading teens do during Summer Reading Club also counts toward the
- 100 Books Before Graduation challenge. Learn more...
- Children from birth through fifth grade will also get a prize drawing ticket to enter our drawing for every ten days they read or are read to. Get more details on the Kids page of our website.
- Prizes for Summer Reading Club are donated by the Friends of the Park Ridge Library.