Spring is here! Enjoy the warmer weather with a Spring StoryWalk® around the library March 22 to April 30. Read the book The Hidden Rainbow by Christie Matheson in the library's windows. Continue the fun with activities available through the QR code in the last window.
The StoryWalk® Project was created by Anne Ferguson of Montpelier, VT and developed in collaboration with the Kellogg-Hubbard Library. Storywalk® is a registered service mark owned by Ms. Ferguson.
Pick-Me-Up Craft Kits
Pick one up when you pick up your holds during Contact-Free Pickup.
We will introduce a new craft every other Tuesday!
COMING SOON! Available April 20 - Earth Day Craft with Bookmarks!
Get a break from all the screen time with an analog craft project! We provide the basic supplies and plans, you provide the creativity and stellar crafting skills (maybe some glue).
- Find the kits in a bin outside the Children's Area (our temporary home in the second floor Quiet Reading Room).
- Crafts will be available on a first come, first serve basis while supplies last. Coloring sheets or other crafts may be available when supplies of the biweekly craft run out.
- Kits include the special supplies needed, but you may still need some basics from home like glue, tape, scissors, crayons, etc.
- Use your best social distancing behavior, and wear your mask!
- Caregivers, please take one kit per child in your caregiving unit.
Share your creations with us on Facebook, Instagram @prplkids or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Whether you're making an unexpected quick exit or are just popping in for a stack of books, check out one of our Grab & Go Bundles, a preselected group of books by age or reading level:
Toddlers and Preschoolers
- 2- & 3-year-olds
- 4- & 5-year-olds
- A & B for beginning reading levels
- C & D for more advanced reading levels
Bundles are available just inside the Touhy Avenue doors. To request one for Contact Free Pickup, fill out this quick form and we'll create a Grab & Go bundle for your child.
Please note that book bundles requested online are only available for
PRPL cardholders due to Contact Free Pickup restrictions.
Need a book for a homework project? Or doing research for a paper? It’s as easy as 1-2-3! We're now open for browsing, but to make sure the book you're looking for is available, check our website:
- Find your book in our online catalog.
- Place your book on hold through a holds request or by logging into your account.
- When your book is ready for checkout, schedule a pickup through Contact-Free Pickup or stop in and grab it off our Holds table in the 2nd floor Reader Services area.
If you don't find what you need in our online catalog, check out our e-books and e-audiobooks on Axis360, Hoopla, and Overdrive/Libby through our E-books and Downloadables page.
Need help finding a good book to read? Get book recommendations through a Book Match or check out our Kids Booklists.
We also have a variety of online resources covering a wide array of topics. From biographies on important people in history (Biography in Context) to in-depth science articles (Science in Context) and live homework help (Tutor.com) to math activity sheets (Teachables), find these and much more on our Homework Help page and our databases for kids.
We're here to help! Email us at email@example.com or contact our Virtual Help Desk via our "Ask a Children's Librarian" live chat service, or by phone at 847-825-4527.
Virtual Help Desk Hours
Monday through Thursday 10 a.m. to 8 p.m.
Friday and Saturday 10 a.m. to 5 p.m.
Sunday 12 p.m. to 5 p.m.