Volunteering at the Library gives you the opportunity to give back to your community. We have volunteer opportunities for adults, high school and 7th and 8th grade students. Volunteers may:
- Prepare craft materials for projects
- Search for missing or lost items
- Maintain and clean books, toys, etc.
- Maintain organization of library materials
- Review damaged materials
- Perform data entry and assist in clerical tasks
- Assist in programs (prepare and/or arrange name tags, welcome and greet library patrons and run AV equipment during films
- Assist circulation by sorting and organizing materials from book drop
Application and selection
All adult, high school and middle school applications will be processed through the Reader Services Department and the Volunteer Coordinator. Selection is based on the needs of the Library and the various departments, the qualifications and availability of the prospective volunteer and for adults, age 18 and older, the successful completion of a criminal background check.
Volunteer Purpose, Objectives and Recruitment Statement
Utilizing volunteers supports the mission of the Park Ridge Public Library in its endeavor to provide the community with access to information, recreation and enlightenment by promoting materials, programs and services. The Library uses volunteers to assist staff in supplemental areas wherever possible but not to act in place of trained library staff.
- Enhance the services and activities of the Park Ridge Public Library.
- Provide opportunities for volunteers to actively participate in and make a meaningful contribution to the operations of the Library.
- Build public awareness of the services provided by the Park Ridge Library.
- Develop closer ties to the Park Ridge community.
- Promote and recognize volunteerism.