Skip to Main Content

Income Tax Information

The Park Ridge Public Library provides Federal and State Tax forms as a public service for our patrons. The librarians are not authorized or qualified to answer tax questions or give tax advice.

Treasury Secretary Steven Mnuchin on Friday said that the deadline for filing tax returns is being moved from April 15 to July 15, after his department earlier this week similarly extended the due date for tax payments amid the coronavirus.

For information regarding the Economic Impact Payments: What you need to know
Check for the latest information: No action needed by most people at this time

Here's why you're not able to track your stimulus money IRS live phone assistance is not available at this time. Please look for help first here on

IRS Will Allow Taxpayers To File Amended Returns Electronically. Only tax year 2019 Forms 1040 and 1040-SR returns can be amended electronically when the program opens. Additions will be added in the future.  

IRS Confirms It Has No Plans To Extend The Filing Deadline Past July 15

Due to cut backs in the Federal Tax Forms Outlet Program, the IRS will not be printing or sending the same amount of forms that they have in the past. For this filing season, the Library will only be receiving the following:

Form 1040 booklet which contains form 1040 and Schedules 1 through 3
Form 1040 Instructions which includes the instructions for Schedules 1 through 3.
Form 1040-SR which is an optional alternative to Form 1040 for Seniors age 65 or older. 

View and download forms--
Order tax products to be mailed--
Order tax products to be mailed -- 1-800-829-3676 - to order tax products to be delivered by mail

Federal Tax Information

The nearest IRS office is at
5100 River Road
Schiller Park IL

The office is open to the public M-F, 8:30am to 4:30pm. To get tax information call 1-800-829-1040 weekdays.

Taxpayer Advocate Service toll-free at 1-877-777-4778.

Free File--Taxpayers with earnings below $69,000 or less may file for free electronically using the IRS Free File here.

Illinois Tax Information

Updated 3/27/2020

Illinois Department of Revenue taxpayer phone system agents are currently unavailable. Taxpayers can still check the status of a refund, identify a PIN, or receive estimated payment information through their taxpayer assistance 800 number: 800-732-8866  . During this time, a limited number of staff will also be monitoring and responding to emails.

Illinois will delay the tax filing deadline from April 15 to July 15 — giving millions of taxpayers three additional months to file their individual returns.

View and download forms--
Order Forms by email--
Order Forms by phone - 1 800 356-6302 (Forms Order Line - Available 24 hrs/7 days a week)

The nearest Illinois Revenue Service office is at
9511 Harrison Street
Des Plaines, IL

The hours are 8:30 a.m to 5 p.m. weekdays. For state tax information, forms or help, call 1-800-732-8866.

To file your Illinois return for free electronically, go to

Tax Forms from Other States

You can find most state income tax forms at FTA State Tax Forms.

Printing Forms

You can access most forms online just ask at the Reference Desk for assistance. They are available at the Federal IRS website. Both current tax forms and previous years' forms can be found there. Black and white copies cost 10 cents per page.  

Tax Assistance for Seniors

Beginning in late January, free assistance is usually available to all seniors. Contact the Maine Park Leisure Center for an appointment, and have all documentation of income ready to bring with you. Call 847 692-3597.  Other locations, please check the AARP website. Here are some nearby locations for AARP assistance.

Free Tax Return Preparation by Volunteers

The IRS Volunteer Income Tax Assistance (VITA) and the Tax Counseling for the Elderly (TCE) Programs offer free tax help for taxpayers who qualify. You can search for the nearest volunteers here.

Here are some other sites with tax information:

IRS' Forms and Publications is an online site for the IRS updated daily.
Illinois Department of Revenue has tax information, forms and publications for Illinois residents.