A few updates:
- Masks and social distancing are still required in the Library.
- Help us spread the word to friends and family who are not 'online' that our main entrance is open again, the Children's area is back on the first floor, and we are open for browsing and holds pickup!
- We will have limited seating available in the building. Study rooms remain closed. We will not have time limits on tables, but please "be a good neighbor" and be mindful of other patrons waiting to use a table.
- Holds are now located on the shelves in the first floor lobby. If you come in to pick up your holds, remember to check them out at the checkout stations. If you're a first-timer at the checkout station and get stuck, a library staff member is there to help.
- In the Children's Area, we will have activity kits available, but iPads, play equipment, the playhouse and train table are unavailable.
- Virtual programs will continue as scheduled.
- Remember to make an appointment prior to coming to use the public computers, printers and related equipment. Call 847-720-3230.
- Remember to bring your Library card when you come in, or use the Keyring app and your Library card number will always be on your phone!
- Masks worn over the nose and mouth are required for anyone over the age of 5 inside the building, even if you have received the Covid vaccine or have recovered from Covid. If you’re unable to wear a mask, staff can accommodate you at the door. Please refer to the May 13, 2021, CDC guidelines for information about mask wearing for those who are vaccinated.
- Face shields worn without a mask are not sufficient.
- Maintain social distancing of 6 feet of space from others.
- Children under 14 must be accompanied by an adult.
- We encourage the use of hand sanitizer and proper handwashing among staff and patrons.
- If you do not feel well, please stay home for the sake of our staff and other patrons.
- We will continue to quarantine returned materials for the recommended number of days.*
What is available?
- Browsing and checkout of all materials
- Pick-up of holds without an appointment on the shelves in the first floor lobby
- Public computers by appointment
- Use of public copiers, printers, scanner and fax
- Virtual programs like Storytimes, pub quiz, book discussions and more
- Patron Services staff to help with checkout stations and questions about your account
- Take-home craft kits
- Drive-thru and building dropboxes open 24/7
- Contact-free pick-up of holds by appointment
What is not available?
- Study rooms and public meeting rooms
- Drinking or eating while in the building
- Play area, iPads and other hands-on activities in the Children's area (Quiet Reading Room)
- Media Lab and The Studio
- In-person programs. Find a schedule of our virtual programs for learners of all ages online
Please refer back to this webpage, our weekly e-newsletter, and social media for current information about our in-person opportunities. If you have any questions, please call 847-825-3230
Thank you for your ongoing patience and support, and for staying connected with us during the past year through our virtual programs, Contact-Free Pickup service, Reading Clubs and more.
*Quarantine period is based on recommendations from the Reaching Across Illinois Library System (RAILS)
Park Ridge Public Library
The Park Ridge Public Library is a city library that serves the residents of Park Ridge, Illinois. The Library's service boundaries are the city limits.
The Park Ridge Public Library is a member of the Reaching Across Illinois Library System (RAILS). Park Ridge residents may use their Park Ridge library card to borrow materials from hundreds of public libraries across northern Illinois that are RAILS members. Go to www.railslibraries.info for a list of public libraries in RAILS.
Free three-hour parking is available in the parking lot next to the Library. If you plan to use the Library for more than three hours please refer to the Parking Map for long-term parking options, including five- and 12-hour meters and pay boxes.
Holiday Schedule 2021
The Library is closed on the following days:
Friday, January 1 – New Year’s Day
Sunday, April 4 – Easter
Sunday and Monday, May 30 & 31 – Memorial Day
Sunday and Monday, July 4 & 5 – Independence Day
Sunday and Monday, September 5 & 6 – Labor Day
Wednesday, November 24 – Library closes at 6 p.m.
Thursday, November 25 – Thanksgiving Day
Friday and Saturday, December 24 & 25 – Christmas Eve and Day
Friday, December 31 – New Year’s Eve