Our main entrance on Prospect Avenue is now open! The Touhy entrance is an emergency exit only.
The Park Ridge Library will continue to follow the CDC and other governing agencies’ guidance regarding COVID-19 masking and social distancing for fully vaccinated individuals. Masks are required for all patrons ages 3 and up in the Children’s Services area and the Teen Loft, regardless of vaccination status.
For fully vaccinated patrons, masks and social distancing are recommended, but not required, elsewhere in the Library.
Unvaccinated patrons should continue to wear a mask and continue social distancing.
Below are a few more things you’ll want to know before you come. Please note, this information is subject to change. Please continue to refer to this webpage and our news feed prior to visiting the Library.
What is available?
- Seating throughout the Library
- Playhouse and some other activities in the Children's area
- Study rooms
- Browsing and checkout of all materials
- Pick-up of holds without an appointment on the shelves in the first floor lobby
- Public computers by appointment
- Use of public copiers, printers, scanner and fax
- Virtual programs like Storytimes, pub quiz, book discussions and more
- Patron Services staff to help with checkout stations and questions about your account
- Take-home craft kits for kids and teens (grades 6-12). Ask at the service desks.
- Drive-thru and building dropboxes open 24/7
- Contact-free pick-up of holds by appointment
What is not available?
- Public meeting rooms
- Drinking or eating while in the building
- iPads in the Children's area
- Media Lab to first-time users
- The Studio
- In-person programs. Find a schedule of our virtual programs for learners of all ages online.
Please refer back to this webpage, our weekly e-newsletter, and social media for current information about our in-person opportunities. If you have any questions, please call 847-825-3230
Thank you for your ongoing patience and support, and for staying connected with us during the past year through our virtual programs, Contact-Free Pickup service, Reading Clubs and more.
Park Ridge Public Library
The Park Ridge Public Library is a city library that serves the residents of Park Ridge, Illinois. The Library's service boundaries are the city limits.
The Park Ridge Public Library is a member of the Reaching Across Illinois Library System (RAILS). Park Ridge residents may use their Park Ridge library card to borrow materials from hundreds of public libraries across northern Illinois that are RAILS members. Go to www.railslibraries.info for a list of public libraries in RAILS.
Free three-hour parking is available in the parking lot next to the Library. If you plan to use the Library for more than three hours please refer to the Parking Map for long-term parking options, including five- and 12-hour meters and pay boxes.
Holiday Schedule 2021
The Library is closed on the following days:
Friday, January 1 – New Year’s Day
Sunday, April 4 – Easter
Sunday and Monday, May 30 & 31 – Memorial Day
Sunday and Monday, July 4 & 5 – Independence Day
Sunday and Monday, September 5 & 6 – Labor Day
Wednesday, November 24 – Library closes at 6 p.m.
Thursday, November 25 – Thanksgiving Day
Friday and Saturday, December 24 & 25 – Christmas Eve and Day
Friday, December 31 – New Year’s Eve