Junior Volunteer and High School Opportunities
During the school year, there are opportunities for interested students to help out as program assistants as well as opportunities to receive up to eight hours of service helping out in a department over four weeks. Please visit the Reader Services Desk for an application, contact the Volunteer Coordinator at (847) 720-3285, or email firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
Teen Advisory Board (1 hour commitment)
Volunteer Purpose, Objectives and Recruitment Statement
Utilizing volunteers supports the mission of the Park Ridge Public Library in its endeavor to provide the community with access to information, recreation and enlightenment by promoting materials, programs and services. The Library uses volunteers to assist staff in supplemental areas wherever possible but not to act in place of trained library staff.
- Enhance the services and activities of the Park Ridge Public Library.
- Provide opportunities for volunteers to actively participate in and make a meaningful contribution to the operations of the Library.
- Build public awareness of the services provided by the Park Ridge Library.
- Develop closer ties to the Park Ridge community.
- Promote and recognize volunteerism.
Application and selection
All adult, high school and middle school applications will be processed through the Reader Services Department and the Volunteer Coordinator. Selection is based on the needs of the Library and the various departments, the qualifications and availability of the prospective volunteer and for adults, age 18 and older, the successful completion of a criminal background check.
For more information, contact the Volunteer Coordinator at (847) 720-3285, or email email@example.com.