Thanks to generous funding from the Bruce A. Michel Trust, the Park Ridge Public Library now has a Media Lab (ML). The ML is available to Park Ridge Library cardholders who have attended a mandatory orientation.
Orientations are held weekly: Wednesday evenings at 7 p.m.; Thursday afternoons at 2 p.m. ; and Saturday mornings at 10 a.m.
In the lab you can:
- Transfer VHS, mini VHS-C and 8 mm video cassettes to digital format
- Scan and edit photos, slides, and negatives
- Preserve and digitize audio tape cassettes and records
- Create movies, slideshows, websites, podcasts and more
Click here to see a complete copy of the Media Lab policies. The Lab is located near the Reference Desk, and includes:
- Adobe Acrobat Pro- create, edit and sign pdf files; convert files to pdf
- Adobe After Effects – cinematic visual effects and motion graphics
- Adobe Animate 2020- multimedia authoring and computer animation program
- Adobe Audition CC – audio recording, mixing and restoration
- Adobe Bridge – centralize your creative assets
- Adobe Character Animator 2020- motion capture animation software
- Adobe In Copy CC – collaborate with copywriters and editors
- Adobe Dimension- 3D rendering and design software
- Adobe Dreamweaver CC – web and mobile design
- Adobe Illustrator CC – vector graphics and illustration
- Adobe InDesign CC – page design and layout for print and digital publishing
- Adobe Lightroom CC and Classic – digital photo processing and editing
- Adobe Media Encoder – quickly output video files for virtually any screen
- Adobe Muse CC – website design without coding
- Adobe PhotoShop CC – image editing and compositing
- Adobe Prelude CC – metadata ingest, logging and rough cuts
- Adobe Premier Pro CC – video production and editing
- Adobe XD- UI/UX design and collaboration tool
- Elegato Video Capture – convert videocassette movie to digital for burning to a DVD
- Epson Scan – scanning software for photos, negatives and slides and documents
- Toast 18 Pro – used for burning data, photos or video to CD or DVD
The iMac also has all software that comes from Apple including iMovie for creation and editing of movies, Garage Band, a whole music creation studio (headphones available), iTunes, Google Chrome and more.
Unfortunately we cannot convert 8 mm film reels at this time.
Contact Reference at (847) 720-3230 with any questions or to register for an orientation.