"Indians Cede the Land" (1940) was created for the Park Ridge Post Office as part of the Treasury Relief Art Project. The mural was removed in 1970 when the building was sold. After 38 years in storage, the mural was donated to the Park Ridge Public Library in 2008. A group of citizens took on the task of raising funds for the restoration and installation of the mural. In 2013, as part of the Library's 100th Anniversary celebration, the restored mural was displayed on the second floor of the Library.
Click here for more information.
Thanks to the support of our community, the Library is currently undergoing renovation to update our facility. With input from the Park Ridge community, the Board of Trustees approved keeping the mural in its current location (the southwest corner of the second floor) after the Renovation 2018 project is completed. While construction is going on, the Library is working with a conservator to ensure that the mural will be protected.