Explore More Illinois Museum and Cultural Attraction Passes
Explore More Illinois Notice
Due to the COVID-19 virus, RAILS has suspended Explore More Illinois indefinitely. A list of online virtual tours and performances is available for your cultural needs. RAILS will be updating it regularly during the suspension.
Explore More Illinois
makes it possible for us to offer free passes, discounted admission, and other deals from a wide variety of Illinois cultural attractions to our patrons.
When you go to the Explore More site, you can login with your library card and the password you use in the catalog. Once you are logged in, you will see offers for the upcoming three months. You can also search for offers by date, attraction name, or location. Information about each attraction and the offer is available before making the reservation.
Make your reservation and print or download your pass shortly before your visit. You can have two active reservations per library card. Please cancel your reservation(s) if unable to attend, otherwise the reservation will count as being used. Remember that once you print or download your pass you cannot cancel your reservation.
These are just a few of the participating attractions:
- Abraham Lincoln Presidential Library and Museum / Springfield
- Chicago Children's Museum / Chicago
- Discovery Center Museum / Rockford
- DuSable Museum of African American History / Chicago
- Ernest Hemingway Foundation of Oak Park / Oak Park
- Illinois Holocaust Museum & Education Center / Skokie
- Mary and Leigh Block Museum of Art / Evanston
- Museum of Contemporary Photography at Columbia College / Chicago
- The Viking Ship / Geneva
- Will County Historical Museum /Lockport
Museum Pass Adventure Program
Due to the COVID-19 virus, some participating locations are temporarily closed and/or not accepting Museum Adventure Passes at this time. Many locations that are accepting passes are requiring visitors to register in advance to visit the location. Please verify the availability of the attraction before visiting the location.
Visit the Park Ridge Public Library, then visit an area museum for free or for a reduced admission! Local libraries and museums offer free or reduced admission to some of Illinois’ most popular attractions, including the Brookfield Zoo, Chicago Botanic Garden and Lake County Discovery Museum.
To get your free museum pass, visit the Park Ridge Public Library anytime during library hours. Quantities of passes are limited and given on a first-come, first-served basis.
Some important things to remember about your Museum Adventure Pass Program:
- Passes are valid for one week from the date they are checked out. If not used within one week, your pass will automatically expire.
- Each family may check out only one pass per week.
- Due to limited supply, passes may only be checked out by Park Ridge Public Library cardholders. If your library card was issued by another library, call or visit your home library for more information on the Museum Adventure Pass Program.
Different museums offer different privileges with your Museum Pass. Some offer free admission for one person, others free parking, and still others offer free admission for the whole family. Visit the Children's Service Desk or www.museumadventure.org for more details. This opportunity is made possible by Park Ridge Public Library and the other participating cultural organizations.