The Park Ridge Public Library facilitates the goals and aspirations of the individual and our community. Our Library creates the intersection of engagement, information, tradition, and innovation.
We are the Park Ridge Public Library. We are a trusted and valued community partner that engages and strengthens its community by fostering personal growth in learning by providing opportunities to connect, inform, innovate and grow.
All information resources that are provided directly or indirectly by the library, regardless of technology, format, or methods of delivery, should be readily, equally, and equitably accessible to all community members and library card holders.
Education and Lifelong Learning
PRPL promotes the creation, maintenance, and enhancement of a learning society, providing a repository of information so the community and individuals can pursue education or informational desires/interests.
We are relentless in our efforts to better understand our community, collections and patrons – listening and being responsive to them.
Our library is not static. We are always learning and constantly exploring new ways of doing things better and doing better things.
We uphold the principles of intellectual freedom and resist all efforts to censor library resources.
We provide the highest level of service to all library users – community members, organizations, government and businesses.
The library serves as an ethical and neutral publicly-sourced asset that belongs to everyone.
Encourage individual growth and lifelong learning
- Strengthen equitable, diverse and inclusive (EDI) collections with materials that expand our perspective with experiences beyond our own
- Grow digital offerings including virtual programs and resources
- Anticipate and respond to remote and postponed learning needs
- Lead Green as convener, researcher, and public example
- Support community leaders
- Complete long-term facilities plan focusing on equity of access, efficiency and green initiatives
- Research grants for green library facility updates
Build up a strong workforce and local businesses
- Enhance and expand impactful services for job seekers
- Increase assistance to local small business establishment and development
Align with strategy and set the stage for development
- Evaluate policies, procedures, programs, partnerships, staffing, reports, facility use and budgets to align with the updated vision, mission and strategy
- Develop and launch engagement strategy and action plan to increase partnerships, build relationships and more
- Cultivate outcomes focus for planning, assessment and reporting to show that what the library is doing is making a difference
- Shift the library’s public narrative to the stories of impact that result from the plan
Develop civic education for an informed and engaged citizenry
- Seek out partners and experts to create a civic awareness and engagement initiative
- Support teens and young adults
- Support adults
- Expand the Park Ridge Community Network with opportunities to connect and build community, including supporting mental health
Please click here for a printable PDF of the Strategic Plan.