The Park Ridge Library is reopening some areas of its building under the State of Illinois Restore Illinois plan. Public computers, copiers, printers, fax machine and scanners will be accessible to Library cardholders by appointment beginning Wednesday, July 15. Grab & Go services will be effective beginning August 5.
Patrons will be required to wear a face mask in order to enter the building and throughout their appointment.
“We’re so glad we have figured out a way to safely give cardholders the opportunity to use some areas of the building,” said Library Director Heidi Smith.
To apply for a Library card or renew an expired card, use the online form or call the Library’s Patron Services department at 847-825-3123.
Tech Services Appointments: What You Need to Know
- During appointments for computer use and other equipment, four patrons will be allowed into the second floor computer area of the Library at a time.
- Appointments will be 45 minutes long.
- Face masks must be worn at all times per the City of Park Ridge ordinance.
- Patrons will enter the Library at the Touhy Avenue entrance on the north side of the building.
- Appointments can be made by calling 847-720-3230, or through the live chat feature on the Library’s website at www.parkridgelibrary.org.
The Library is offering in-person computer appointments in order to meet the needs of Park Ridge residents who require access to computers, other equipment and high-speed internet. Access to these tools are necessary to complete transactions including but not limited to employment and unemployment applications, filing federal and/or state taxes and completing the census.
The Library is following the Illinois Department of Commerce and Economic Opportunity and Illinois Department of Public Health guidelines for reopening safely as well as applying CDC cleaning protocols. In addition, the Library is following City of Park Ridge Executive Order 2020-01 requiring a face covering that covers both nose and mouth while in the Library. Accommodations may be requested per the Illinois Department of Human Rights face coverings guidance.
For questions pertaining to the COVID-19 crisis, patrons are encouraged to refer to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, the Illinois Department of Public Health, the Cook County Department of Public Health, and the City of Park Ridge for the latest information. Links to all of these sites can be found at www.parkridge.info.