During the week of April 16, our consortium (CCS) will be transitioning to a new library catalog. You’ll see a new look as you search for library materials and discover new features that will improve your library experience.
Check back for updates. Call us at (847) 825-3123 if you have questions.
Great new features!
- Automatic renewal
— Eligible items automatically renew three days before they are due
— If you have opted for email notification, you will receive an email reminder three days before the item's original due date notifying you if materials were renewed or not
— Visit Circulation to update your information and sign up for email reminders
- Seamless use of the new catalog
— Easy to read on your phone, tablet or computer
- Easy to remember optional username to log into the library catalog
- Ability to select your notification preference
— Email, text or automated calls
- Choice of preferred pickup location
— From any of the 29 participating locations
Check out the dates below for what to expect during the transition!
We apologize in advance for downtime during the transition and ask for your patience and cooperation.
HOW TO PREPARE: Make sure your account is up-to-date!
— We'll give you one of the newly designed cards for free
— You can enter a raffle to win a $25 Starbucks gift card
BEFORE APRIL 8
- As we transition, no new materials will be added to the catalog after April 8
- After the transition, new materials will be entered into the system as quickly as possible
BY APRIL 13
- Place your holds
Save your checkout history and reading lists
— They will not transfer to the new catalog
— If you previously opted in to save your checkout history, click here to have it emailed to you and save it now
— If you would like to keep your reading lists, go to My Lists in your current catalog account and email or print all lists you wish to save
— List exports are limited to around 140 items per email. Longer lists will have to be broken up into smaller lists. Contact us for additional help.
- If you haven't already done so, please make sure your account is updated
APRIL 14 - 16
- Bring your library card with you to the library!
— We will not be able to look up your account to check out materials
- Call us to confirm that an item is on the shelf
— As we transition, results in the online catalog will not be up to date
- No holds can be placed during this time frame
— You will not have access to your account until after the transition
- Please refrain from returning materials
— No materials will be due during this time
APRIL 17 & AFTER
- Your library password will transfer over to the new system in all CAPS
— For example, mypassword1 will be MYPASSWORD1 in the new catalog
— Call us if you have any issues with your password
- Place holds and return your materials after this date
- Remember to change any bookmarks you have to our new catalog
- Information and tutorials on how to use the new catalog are available here.
- Stop by for demos
— You'll get an email with times or you can check our website
Thanks for your patience!