The library's summer program lineup includes several opportunities to try new things and, consistent with the library’s Summer Reading Club theme, experience life “beyond the beaten path.”
For adults, the calendar is filled with new learning opportunities:
- ‘Why Mindfulness Matters’ on June 23 at 7 p.m. features certified Mindfulness Teacher Chris George as he introduces the concept and value of mindfulness in everday life, which helps one be more intentional and resilient in facing the world.
- A July 21 author talk with Lindsay Welbers will help you get out in nature without a car. She’ll talk about her book, “Chicago Transit Hikes,” featuring hikes accessible via Metra and the CTA;
- Programs like “Medicare 101” (August 2) and College Scholarships, Grants and Loans” (August 18) will offer great cost-saving strategies for multiple generations.
Details about these and all other summer programs can be found on our online calendar at parkridgelibrary.libcal.com or at the Adult Services desks at the Library, or by calling 847-825-3123.
For grades 6 and up, the Teen Loft has a mix of programs for teens looking to try something new:
- A Murder Mystery Party set at an 80s Prom, Friday, July 8, or a Knight of Murder on August 5, both 3:30-5 p.m.;
- Fiber Art Club for Teens on Monday, August 22, 4 p.m. to knit or crochet with others;
- Teen Paint Night with Bottle and Bottega, August 3, 4-5:30 p.m.
Starbucks Book Discussions: the Starbucks is on the library; read the book and come ready to talk about it with other teens (see online calendar for dates, times and titles).
The Library also has new programs children, including a new lineup of weekly Storytimes for babies, toddlers and an outdoor Picnic Storytime for kids of all ages, as wells as programs for grade school kids that will get them learning beyond the beaten path:
- Ben’s Bubble Show on June 26, 1-2 p.m.;
- Artist Dan Gogh’s Magical Camp Adventure, July 16, 10-10:45 a.m.; and
- A new three-part series, “Explore!” for kids in grades 3 to 5 will focus on the great outdoors.
Kids can also get outside and play with these new programs:
- Popsicle Pop-up Days will “pop up” once during the weeks of July 5 and August 8;
- Outdoor Playground for ages 3-6 will include chalk drawing and water play time on the library lawn; and
- Giant outdoor games will be out July 5 for all ages to play on the lawn.
- Plus a refreshed lineup of summer Storytimes.
For the full program schedule, see the Library’s summer newsletter or visit parkridgelibrary.libcal.com.