Effective August 5, the Park Ridge Public Library is providing expanded access to Grab & Go services as the Library continues to adapt to the Restore Illinois Phase 4 reopening guidelines. Grab & Go visits are brief for general browsing and picking up holds. To offer these services, we need to be able to maintain a safe environment for staff and other patrons, and we can’t do it without your help.
Help us keep staff and others safe in the Library
- Do not enter if you are experiencing any of the symptoms of COVID-19
- Those over the age of 5 must wear a face covering in all areas of the building (see below)
- Maintain 6’ of physical distance between others at all times
- Keep your visit brief
- No food or drink in the library
- Children 11 and under must be directly supervised by a caregiver age 16 or older at all times, and Summer Reading Club will remain an all virtual service.
- If your little one has difficulty social distancing or wearing a face covering, consider leaving them at home with another caregiver if possible while you pop in to grab their new books, and access our virtual services for kids.
- If possible, we encourage you to use our virtual services available during the same hours of operation as Grab & Go that do not require you to enter the building:
Planning your visit
- Your library card is required for checkout. Online card registration is available virtually.
- Self-service checkout stations will be cleaned after each transaction. Contact-free pickup appointments will continue for a contact-free experience if you prefer.
- Staff are not able to accept cash payments or make change at this time. Please plan ahead for necessary credit card transactions as needed.
- The Library looks different than it did on your last visit, based on the Restore Illinois guidelines. Thank you for adapting along with us.
- We relocated Patron Services and holds to the first floor meeting room, removed all public seating, installed plexiglass windows at service desks, and added floor markings for physical distancing.
- In the Children’s Department, iPads, computers and toys are also currently unavailable.
- Books, playaways and video games in the Loft will be accessible during all Grab & Go hours. Computer appointments for those 14 years old and older are available in the Reference Department.
- To help maintain physical distancing, we are welcoming 50 patrons into the building at a time, and limiting Grab & Go visits to 30 minutes or less. If we are at capacity, you will be asked to wait before entering the building.
- Everyone over the age of 5 must wear a face covering while in the building per City of Park Ridge executive order. If you do not have a mask with you, we will provide one. If you are unable to wear one due to a medical condition, we can provide remote services, including contact-free pickup as well as other accommodations that must be arranged in advance.
Grab & Go and Virtual Services Desk Hours
Monday - Thursday: 10 a.m. – 2 p.m. and 4 - 8 p.m.
Friday - Saturday: 11 a.m. – 5 p.m.
The Library will also offer accommodations available to our vulnerable and at-risk patrons.
Please note that these hours are subject to change.
Grab & Go Services
- Browse all collections
- Check out materials
- Pick up holds
- Return materials in the book drop just outside the entrance
- Use a computer in the Reference Department for 45 minutes by appointment (ages 14 and older). Call 847-720-3230 to schedule an appointment with your Park Ridge library card.
Other areas such as The Studio, Media Lab, Study and Meeting Rooms, Friends Book Nook and Quiet Reading Room are not yet available for typical public use.
Safety in the Building
Patron and staff safety is our first priority, and we are taking many precautions to keep everyone safe in the Library, including:
- Isolate all returned items before they are reshelved or checked out
- Disinfect commonly touched items, clean workspace surfaces, and wipe down all high touch surfaces regularly
- Provide hand sanitizer at key areas throughout the building