The Final Phase of Construction
We are now well into the final phase of construction. While the renovated second floor has been completed, it is also be the temporary home for the Children’s department and Circulation. We are excited about the end result of a Library that meets the needs of our community for years to come and ask for patience for a few more months.
What You Can Expect in Phase 3 – October to Late 2018
- Circulation will be near the second floor entrance.
- The Children’s Department is located in the Quiet Reading Room. To accommodate the smaller space, theme and music kits, big books, the parenting collection, music CDs and holiday books and some board books will be placed in temporary storage until we move back into our redesigned area.
- To coincide with the closure of the first floor, new columns will be installed at the Prospect Avenue entrance.
- Seating will be limited.
- The new Media Lab will continue to house public computers.
- The typewriter, low-vision equipment and microfilm viewer are not available.
NEW! Curbside Pickup for Holds
As an added convenience during Phase 3, we can deliver your holds curbside. We have reserved two spots in front of the Library (on Prospect across from the Pickwick). After you place your holds online or by phone, it’s as easy as 1-2-3
- Wait for notification that your holds are ready.
- Head to the Library and park in one of the two designated spots.
- Call us at 847-720-3275 with your name, library card number and tell us which spot you are in.
We’ll deliver your materials to you! We also have one more spot reserved for 15-minute parking so that you can run in and get your books.